Open Book Examinations
Open Book Examinations are allowed only for Financial Reporting and Audit, Assurance and Ethics at Level – 4.
The examinees shall be allowed to bring the books mentioned against each paper on which the open book examination shall be applicable:
- Financial Reporting: International Financial Reporting Standards
- Audit, Assurance and Ethics: International Auditing & Assurance Standards
The Open Book Examinations are available for Public Sector Application papers only. The books allowed for specified papers are mentioned under syllabi of each department.
Policies of Open Book Examinations (applicable to both Corporate and Public Sectors)
The policies for open books examinations are hereunder
- The students are required to bring their own books, allowed during examinations for reference purposes only.
- Examinees shall be allowed to bring the books mentioned against each paper on which the open book examination shall be applicable.
- Only the original books shall be permitted.
- Only the bound volume shall be allowed and the book should not be in the form of loose leaf. No photocopies, handwritten notes or typed pages shall be allowed.
- The allowed books should not contain any scribbling, notes, summaries inside and outside the books.
- The allowed books are meant for reference purpose only. No marks will be allocated for the exactly copied answers from the Reference Books.
- In case of any dispute regarding Open Book, argue with Examination Conduct Staff is not permissible. However, Examinees may send their complaints directly to the Director Examinations, in writing, immediately.
- Any violation of the above instructions shall be considered as "USE OF UNFAIR MEANS" and shall be penalized accordingly.
For details click here.
Testimonials and Feedback
What People Say About Us
Mr. Usman Ahsan FPFA, FCA
CFO, Anjum Textiles, Pakistan
PIPFA is a qualification that has not only inferred on me a professional identity, but also provided with a wonderful opportunity to excel my career. The in-depth technical knowledge being imparted by this accounting body is nothing short of global standard. I feel privileged to be part of this auspecious Institute which has a value driven CPD program for its members.
Mr. Muhammad Hamza APFA
Assistant Manager Large & Complex Audits - Deloitte UK
PIPFA is a great stepping stone for those who are considering a serious career in public finance. Multiple MOUs with international and local bodies also do open multiple avenues into the other fields of finance as well.
Islamabad - Pakistan
PIPFA proved as a journey of success for me since I joined it and after getting qualified it become a mark of prestige and a bright feather in my crown.